Regular school attendance is important! If your child will be late or absent, please call our office and leave a message (24 hours/day).
School Fact Sheet
2400 SE Baker Way Gresham, Oregon 97080
Kelly Creek is a positive learning community where high expectations are a given. The staff and parents have developed a rich sense of the importance of learning in a diverse environment where all talents are valued, and resources are used responsibly.
Our overarching goals include improvement in student achievement, early literacy, developing responsibility, and improving social/emotional learning.
- Improve student performance on state and district assessments.
- Make early reading literacy a focus and be certain that all children are readers.
- Continue with aggressive communication with the parents and the community.
- Create a differentiated approach to curriculum and instruction.
- Continue to work effectively as instructional teams to improve our ability to meet the needs of our students.
- Improve student skills in the use of technology.
- Improve student skills in socialization, emotional development, and responsible behavior.
- Continue strong efforts in support of conservation.
With these goals, we will continue our student incentive and management plan, our revised plan for developing social/emotional learning, and a continued focus on differentiated instruction. Early reading instruction will be a primary focus for our school site council.
Kelly Creek School is a unique facility designed to provide maximum learning opportunities, with common learning environments, and a welcoming atmosphere. This is the 15th year of our commitment to recycling and energy conservation. Our efforts were recognized this past year as the recipient of the Ford Motor Company’s Educate to Escape prize for our recycling and sustainability efforts. We were also recognized as a finalist for Walmart’s “Earth Day Every Day School Challenge.”